Mat-Su Central Parents:
As identified in Board Policy 6181, the Academic Advisory Council (AAC) consists of seven to nine members:
The majority are parents of students enrolled at MCS, and the remaining members include one or two School Board members, a Superintendent designee from the district office, the Mat-Su Central School Principal, and other school staff. The AAC Council meets monthly; the purpose of the Council is to make policy and budgetary recommendations to the District Administration and the School Board that define the Mat-Su Central School philosophy, mission, vision, policies, administrative regulations, practices, and procedures in accordance with state law and regulation.
Any parent of an MCS student interested in serving is welcome to apply and be considered. If you would like to be considered, please respond by email to the following questions, along with a photo of yourself, to Gena at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21.
1. Why do you want to be on the AAC Advisory Board?
2. What do you love about Mat-Su Central?
3. How do you want to make the MCS Program better?
- Election Week: February 14 - 18. A voting link will be posted here on February 14.
- Every family and MSC staff member has one vote.
- Election results will be posted after February 18.
- March 1- AAC Meeting to Seat Member
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE AAC, VISIT THE AAC PAGE ON OUR WEBSITE